Autor Wątek: Charisma Years Box  (Przeczytany 8507 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

Offline ceizurac

• (цеиэурац)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
  • booty
Charisma Years Box
« dnia: 22 Kwietnia 2021, 21:15:03 »
"Later in 2021, the band's classic albums will be given a new stereo remix treatment and released on vinyl. There will also be a colossal 20-disc box set, The Charisma Years, containing lots of previously unreleased material alongside the new versions of Pawn Hearts and Godbluff. Technically, the big difference now is remixes and 5.1 mixes..."
Prog 119.
There’s the thing, hold it close.
You had your fling. You laid your ghosts.

Time to leave, close the door.
You can’t believe you wanted more,
more or less, al for the best
in the end it’s al behind you.

There’s the thing, for all you know
it’s time to let go.

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
Odp: Charisma Years Box
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: 24 Kwietnia 2021, 11:13:56 »
H to He, Pawn Hearts, Godbluff, and Still Life have all been remixed, and the box will contain three versions of each album. There will also be remastered versions of the remaining titles, and any bonus tracks will be on separate discs - so that’s getting close to the magic number.
There is so much sorrow in the world,
there is so much emptiness and heartbreak and pain.
Somewhere on the road we have all taken a wrong turn...
how can we build the right path again?

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: 24 Kwietnia 2021, 20:02:56 »
H to He, Pawn Hearts, Godbluff, and Still Life have all been remixed, and the box will contain three versions of each album. There will also be remastered versions of the remaining titles, and any bonus tracks will be on separate discs - so that’s getting close to the magic number.

bardzom ciekaw tego zestawu- może za jakiś czas w ten sam sposób wydadzą solowe dzieła mistrza z tego samego okresu?
What can I say when, in some obscure way,
I am my own direction?

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: 11 Maja 2021, 18:05:37 »
”THE WIRE - ISSUE 448, JUNE 2021
Van der Graaf Generator special!
With a new box set of all Van der Graaf Generator's albums being readied for release in July

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: 12 Maja 2021, 19:58:19 »
to ja jeszcze dodam cos z nieoficjalnej strony o VDGG na facebooku:

" All the VdGG Charisma albums to be released remixed on vinyl.
Also 20 disc box set “The Charisma Years”, including new stereo remixes, 5.1 remixes of the same albums with some unreleased material, according to Prog magazine."

I am my own direction?

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: 14 Maja 2021, 21:41:57 »
This is from The Wire magazine article:

Over the last year, VdGG have been working with veteran recording engineer Stephen Tayler, known for his work with Peter Gabriel and his longstanding collaboration with Kate Bush. Tayler started his career in the mid-1970s at Trident Studios, then noted for its state-of-the-art technology and multitracking capabilities… Tayler brought the spirit of the early Trident years to the remixes, opening up space in the recordings and bringing previously hidden elements to the fore. “He’s done mixes of all the old albums in surround sound, like a Dolby Cinema Sound, and I was the only only of the three of us with that kind of set-up at home on TV,” says Banton. “With ‘A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers’ in particular, he’s gone to town and things come from behind you, and so on.” Evans fills in some of the details of these extraordinary recordings. “I’m normally pretty underwhelmed by the task of vetting masters of old albums, even though I’m very fond of them,” he says. “I just don’t like spending lots of time mentally in the past. But the moment I heard one of these mixes, it was a revelation, because particularly the drums, I was really, Oh! That’s the kit like it should have been! I can hear this cymbal, it’s all balanced. I hadn’t heard that since 1975, and I don’t know how he’s done it. And it wasn’t just the drums, there were parts that I’d forgotten were there. That actually *weren’t* there, in the first case, that Stephen has chosen to use a different vocal line on it, or add a vocal line that we decided not to have.”

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: 14 Maja 2021, 21:49:03 »
I trochę o innym miksie w przeslości...

I was about to explain the whole debacle about the finished master, Shel Talmy's rejected mix, which never saw the light of day and the first 'faulty' pressing on 'The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other'. I am beginning to lose the will to type. However I have seemingly been pre-empted by 'train spotting" record collectors who seemingly insist there are two separate and different released mixes. If someone has another version that was released then that is news to me!
There were no separate mixes but two different mastering sessions the second supervised by me from soup to nuts at the new Trident Cutting Room-TO SPECIFICALLY GET RID OF SOME SIBILANCE ON THE VOCALS. So to sum up; The mixes are the same, the masterings are different and so by implication the EQs would be different

.....I am about to start writing about the reception 'The Least We Can Do' LP got at Charisma Records and they demanding a remix by Shel Talmy and the band unanimously rejecting it! 'No dynamics, over limited, over compressed and sounded like a pop record' said drummer Guy Evans.
Of course none of this I knew but when I found out I went into Trident and remastered it properly...I think.

.....I have now banned someone who would not let The "Story" about the mixes of 'The Least we Can do' by Van der Graaf Generator rest, even though I authenticated my statement that there was no 'other mix released' on the phone with band member Guy Evans.

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: 15 Maja 2021, 20:01:43 »
tak przy okazji ktoś wie czy Present będzie w zestawie- bo ten album też wydała Charisma, więc teoretycznie....
I am my own direction?

Offline ceizurac

• (цеиэурац)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
  • booty
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: 30 Maja 2021, 21:24:05 »
Pojawiły się pierwsze "szczegóły".
https://store.hmv.com/store/music/cd/the-charisma-years-1970-1978?gclid=Cj0KCQjw78yFBhCZARIsAOxgSx2m8ZuyrZ-x9Bgb-5dgIcxHFGGhiQxrL7fU3enZGPH1orTS-dlBd20aAjHVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&fbclid=IwAR0TGrrtuteePjup38plclMBqZUyMt9YZBeT-yEIn2rts1Zd97wvEuoVVHY

Ciekawe jak koncerty z Paryża z 1976 roku i z Rimini z 1975 roku będą brzmieć?

Box zawiera chyba jedną rzecz wcześniej mi nie znaną - czyli ostatni występ VDG The Kohfidisch Open Air Festival, Austria, 17th June, 1978.

Cena 130 funtów; ile to się na polskie przełoży jeśli to będzie u nas dostępne? 600-700 zł... Może trzeba zacząć odkładać już teraz...
There’s the thing, hold it close.
You had your fling. You laid your ghosts.

Time to leave, close the door.
You can’t believe you wanted more,
more or less, al for the best
in the end it’s al behind you.

There’s the thing, for all you know
it’s time to let go.

Offline Hajduk

• Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #10 dnia: 31 Maja 2021, 11:34:36 »
https://store.hmv.com/store/music/cd/the-charisma-years-1970-1978?gclid=Cj0KCQjw78yFBhCZARIsAOxgSx2m8ZuyrZ-x9Bgb-5dgIcxHFGGhiQxrL7fU3enZGPH1orTS-dlBd20aAjHVEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&fbclid=IwAR0TGrrtuteePjup38plclMBqZUyMt9YZBeT-yEIn2rts1Zd97wvEuoVVHY

Box zawiera chyba jedną rzecz wcześniej mi nie znaną - czyli ostatni występ VDG The Kohfidisch Open Air Festival, Austria, 17th June, 1978.

Cena 130 funtów; ile to się na polskie przełoży jeśli to będzie u nas dostępne? 600-700 zł... Może trzeba zacząć odkładać już teraz...

Na pierwszy rzut oka, poza dodatkowymi miksami kilku płyt, to z dodatków pojawia się koncert z Paryża z grudnia 1976 roku na dwu CD (z opisu wynika, że jest to koncert transmitowany przez francuskie radio - więc spodziewam się dobrej jakości), jedna płyta z koncertem z Rimini (obstawiam, że jest to fragment bootlegu), kilka dodatkowych nagrań koncertowych. Jeśli chodzi o single to wszytko było w boksie "The Box", a w sprawie nagrań z BBC - nie analizowałem tego dokładnie, ale wygląda na to, że wszystko jest na "After The Flood (At The BBC 1968-1977)"*. Jestem trochę zawiedziony. Aczkolwiek nabędę ze względu na nowe miksy albumów i "zebranie" wszystkiego w jednym miejscu. Obawiam się, że pyty będą wkładane w szczeliny etui - bo obecnie wydawcy oszczędzają na wszystkim (tak jest w przypadku "Plastic Ono Band" Lennona, "Love From The Planet Gong" Gong, "Quiet Life" Japan, "In Search of Hades" Tangerine Dream - trochę to irytujące, bo skoro boks kosztuje jak "za zboże" to wydanie 10 złotych więcej nie jest już żadną różnicą, a płyty nie rysują się przy pierwszym wyjęciu (nie mówiąc o kolejnych)).
* ps. Sprawdziłem nagrania dla BBC - pojawia się dodatkowa sesja z grudnia 1970 roku.
« Ostatnia zmiana: 31 Maja 2021, 17:01:00 wysłana przez Hajduk »

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #11 dnia: 03 Czerwca 2021, 07:28:35 »

jak będzie kosztowało 600-700 zł to ja na pewno sobie ten zestaw daruję- swoją drogą ciekawe czy będzie można kupić oddzielnie płyty z tego boksu- na przykład Pawn Hearts z dodatkowym cd z bonusami?
I am my own direction?

Offline Hajduk

• Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #12 dnia: 03 Czerwca 2021, 13:03:17 »

jak będzie kosztowało 600-700 zł to ja na pewno sobie ten zestaw daruję- swoją drogą ciekawe czy będzie można kupić oddzielnie płyty z tego boksu- na przykład Pawn Hearts z dodatkowym cd z bonusami?
Planowane były wydania 2CD+DVD (w każdym razie trzydyskowe 3CD Deluxe) oraz LP "H To He...", "Pawn Hearts", "Godbluff" i "Still Life" - pierwszy zapowiadany termin to 14 maja 2021 (przyznaję, że wiem to od końca listopada ubiegłego roku, ale byłem zobowiązany trzymać to w tajemnicy. Teraz skoro się o tym pisze w artykułach, myślę, że mogę się tym podzielić. Nie wiem tylko, czy polski dystrybutor zdecyduje się je wprowadzić na nasz rynek - a boksu przypuszczam, że na pewno nie. Jak na razie nie zdecydowali się na reedycje deluxe Gongu, deluxe Iggy'ego Popa "Idiot" sprowadzili rok po premierze, nie ma do tej pory ostatnich podwójnych Catów Stevensów ("Mona Bone Jakon" i "Tea For The Tillerman"), remasterów Tangerine Dream z lat 1974-1979 też nie wprowadzili...

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #13 dnia: 03 Czerwca 2021, 19:05:04 »
w rockserwisie powinno być dostępne- w końcu VDGG jest o wiele bardziej popularny w Polsce niz na przykład Gong czy też nawet Tangerine Dream
I am my own direction?

Offline Hajduk

• Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #14 dnia: 04 Czerwca 2021, 09:47:57 »
w rockserwisie powinno być dostępne- w końcu VDGG jest o wiele bardziej popularny w Polsce niz na przykład Gong czy też nawet Tangerine Dream
Co do Gong pełna zgoda. W przypadku Tangerine Dream jednak bym polemizował. Często grany a latach siedemdziesiątych i osiemdziesiątych, legendarne koncerty w Polsce, podwójny album koncertowy z Torwaru, plus "Warsaw In The Sun" na Liście Przebojów Trójki - trzy tygodnie w dolnych rejonach listy w roku 1984 i "Stratosfere" wykorzystywany jako motyw jednego z programów telewizyjnych w latach 80-tych. Myślę, że w pokoleniu 40-60 jest to powszechnie bardziej znany (nawet z nazwy) zespół niż Van der Graaf Generator.