Autor Wątek: Aktualnie słucham...  (Przeczytany 2526599 razy)

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
Odp: Aktualnie słucham...
« Odpowiedź #23265 dnia: 05 Października 2019, 21:40:28 »
Ghosteen wersja internetowa... wrażenia dobre, nie tylko mi weszło w głowę Hollywood

Nick Cave’s anticipated new double album Ghosteen arrived a few hours early today. It’s clearly a very powerful album, and there’s a lot to unpack, but one of its most major standouts on first listen is its 14-minute closing track “Hollywood.” Like Nick Cave’s last album, 2016’s Skeleton Tree, death looms largely over Ghosteen, and it’s hard not to draw lines between the stories on this album and the tragic death of Nick Cave’s teenage son, who fell from a cliff at age 15 the year prior to Skeleton Tree‘s release. The theme of a parent losing a child is most explicit on “Hollywood,” where Nick sings the story of a woman named Kisa, who was forced to bury her baby. Like most songs on Ghosteen, Nick sings over an atmospheric backdrop with minimal percussion, though the instrumentation on “Hollywood” is distinctly more menacing than the others on this LP. In the first portion of the song, Nick sings in first person and repeats in his usual lower register, “I’m just waiting now, for my time to come,” sounding even more grizzled and wearied than he did on Skeleton Tree. Then he makes the rare decision to switch to an upper register to tell Kisa’s story, and he punctuates the story with the repeated line, “Everybody’s losing someone.” It’s the kind of line where, with just three words, Nick delivers even more impact than he does with his lengthy screeds. Then, to tie everything together, he once again sings, “I’m just waiting now, for my time to come,” this time in the same upper register he used to tell Kisa’s story. It brings the song full circle, but it’s not a neat ending. As the song ends with a final, vibrato-ing screech, it sounds very literally like an ellipses, not a period.

Nick Cave’s “Hollywood” is a powerful ode to losing a child | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/nick-caves-hollywood-is-a-powerful-ode-to-losing-a-child/?trackback=tsmclip
There is so much sorrow in the world,
there is so much emptiness and heartbreak and pain.
Somewhere on the road we have all taken a wrong turn...
how can we build the right path again?

Offline Tercero

• Тэгсего
  • Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23266 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 00:22:19 »
Ghosteen wersja internetowa... wrażenia dobre, nie tylko mi weszło w głowę Hollywood

Nick Cave’s anticipated new double album Ghosteen arrived a few hours early today. It’s clearly a very powerful album, and there’s a lot to unpack, but one of its most major standouts on first listen is its 14-minute closing track “Hollywood.” Like Nick Cave’s last album, 2016’s Skeleton Tree, death looms largely over Ghosteen, and it’s hard not to draw lines between the stories on this album and the tragic death of Nick Cave’s teenage son, who fell from a cliff at age 15 the year prior to Skeleton Tree‘s release. The theme of a parent losing a child is most explicit on “Hollywood,” where Nick sings the story of a woman named Kisa, who was forced to bury her baby. Like most songs on Ghosteen, Nick sings over an atmospheric backdrop with minimal percussion, though the instrumentation on “Hollywood” is distinctly more menacing than the others on this LP. In the first portion of the song, Nick sings in first person and repeats in his usual lower register, “I’m just waiting now, for my time to come,” sounding even more grizzled and wearied than he did on Skeleton Tree. Then he makes the rare decision to switch to an upper register to tell Kisa’s story, and he punctuates the story with the repeated line, “Everybody’s losing someone.” It’s the kind of line where, with just three words, Nick delivers even more impact than he does with his lengthy screeds. Then, to tie everything together, he once again sings, “I’m just waiting now, for my time to come,” this time in the same upper register he used to tell Kisa’s story. It brings the song full circle, but it’s not a neat ending. As the song ends with a final, vibrato-ing screech, it sounds very literally like an ellipses, not a period.

Nick Cave’s “Hollywood” is a powerful ode to losing a child | http://www.brooklynvegan.com/nick-caves-hollywood-is-a-powerful-ode-to-losing-a-child/?trackback=tsmclip

To, tylko potwierdza ruch NC w kierunku "PH poetry". IMO - opłakuje stratę syna, znalazł inspirację w stronie lirycznej PH (Nie wierzę, aby nie znał twórczości PH). Inspiracja jest przytłaczająca, (sam bym tak z zrobił, na jego miejscu). Poniekąd, jest to bardzo pozytywne posunięcie. Dla tego, wielki szacun dla NC za tę płytę. Świadczy to, o jego dojrzałości i znajomości realiów liryczno-muzycznego świata. Chyba, że się mylę i wszystko to, jest czystym przypadkiem (w co trudno uwierzyć).

U mnie, ciągle
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ghosteen
...where I trade cigarettes in return for songs

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23267 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 08:44:22 »
u mnie też Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ghosteen - nie mam już żadnych wątpliwości że jest to płyta wybitna, prawdziwe misterium żalu i rozpaczy a jednocześnie nadziei i wiary w odrodzenie- ascetyzm środków muzycznych przywodzi na myśl dzieło Hammilla ale również na przykład klimat arcydzieł muzyki klasycznej  jak Schubert (Cykl Winterreise) czy też kameralistyka Henryka Mikołaja Góreckiego. Bo jakby nie patrzeć jest to najbardziej europejsko-brzmiąca płyta artysty- odwołań do amerykańskich tradycji bluesowych tak częstych na jego najsłynniejszych albumach tutaj prawie nie uświadczymy. W tekstach znów jednak dają o sobie znać motywy biblijne, tym razem ważnym elementem jest nawiązanie do Zmartwychwstania i matki Jesusa stojącej pod krzyżem co biorąc pod uwagę tematykę Ghosteen wcale nie powinno dziwić.
Bardzo się ciesze że Nick nagrał tak dobry album, że odważył się ukazać swój żal i nie patrząc na muzyczne mody zaprezentował nam tak dojrzale i poruszające wydawnictwo- kto wie czy nie jest to płyta roku
What can I say when, in some obscure way,
I am my own direction?

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23268 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 10:05:26 »
Peter Hammill - all that might have been...- całość dzisiaj  w kolejności: Songs, Cine, Retro
I am my own direction?

Offline LukaszS

• (ЛукашС)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23269 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 10:40:56 »
Fruupp Future Legends
There is so much sorrow in the world,
there is so much emptiness and heartbreak and pain.
Somewhere on the road we have all taken a wrong turn...
how can we build the right path again?

Offline Tercero

• Тэгсего
  • Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23270 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 16:59:38 »
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ghosteen
Hardy Fox - Hardy Fox

Płyty te, słuchane na przemian swoiście pasują.

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23271 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 17:00:49 »
dzisiaj dotarła do mnie smutna informacja że zmarł legendarny perkusista Ginger Baker - słucham więc jednego z najlepszych albumów na których zagrał: Cream i Wheels of Fire (1968) - obie plyty z zestawu [ok]
I am my own direction?

Offline Tercero

• Тэгсего
  • Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23272 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 17:40:47 »
dzisiaj dotarła do mnie smutna informacja że zmarł legendarny perkusista Ginger Baker - słucham więc jednego z najlepszych albumów na których zagrał: Cream i Wheels of Fire (1968) - obie plyty z zestawu [ok]

Też dotarła ta wiadomość. Pamiętam go z płyty PIL - Album

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23273 dnia: 06 Października 2019, 20:31:04 »
dla odmiany RPWL - RPWL plays Pink Floyd - bez rewelacji ale słucha się znakomicie- a setlista mówi sama za siebie:

01. Arnold Layne - 5:14
02. The Embryo - 17:18
03. Green Is Zhe Colour - 3:24
04. Atom Heart Mother - 11:33
05. Fat Old Sun - 19:26
06. The Narrow Way (incl. Behold The Temple Of Light") - 8:40
07. Let There Be More Light - 6:29

I am my own direction?

Offline Tercero

• Тэгсего
  • Koneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23274 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 13:03:08 »
Reininger, Brown, Bodson  - Clear tears, Troubled waters

Bardzo dobre

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23275 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 14:00:44 »
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Ghosteen - od piątku najczęściej słuchana przez mnie płyta
I am my own direction?

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23276 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 17:08:45 »
VDGG - Grounding in numbers - skoro jak informuję Herr Seemann muzycy skupią się na krótszych kompozycjach to z tej płyty też może coś zagrają [ok]
I am my own direction?

Offline ceizurac

• (цеиэурац)
  • NadKoneser
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
  • booty
« Odpowiedź #23277 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 17:47:49 »
VDGG - Grounding in numbers - skoro jak informuję Herr Seemann muzycy skupią się na krótszych kompozycjach to z tej płyty też może coś zagrają [ok]

Chyba na pewno z tej coś zagrają; chociaż wolałbym coś z "Do not Disturb". Pewnie będą też jakieś klasyki.
There’s the thing, hold it close.
You had your fling. You laid your ghosts.

Time to leave, close the door.
You can’t believe you wanted more,
more or less, al for the best
in the end it’s al behind you.

There’s the thing, for all you know
it’s time to let go.

Offline Sebastian Winter

• Wampir
  • Ekspert-wyjadacz
« Odpowiedź #23278 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 20:14:21 »

Chyba na pewno z tej coś zagrają; chociaż wolałbym coś z "Do not Disturb". Pewnie będą też jakieś klasyki.

na dobrą sprawę tez bym wolał Do not Disturb

u mnie ELO i Time
I am my own direction?

Offline LenoreLazuli

• Koneser
  • Zaawansowany użytkownik
« Odpowiedź #23279 dnia: 07 Października 2019, 20:19:15 »

na dobrą sprawę tez bym wolał Do not Disturb

u mnie ELO i Time

Też wolałabym Do Not Disturb (bo to w ogóle świetna płyta)

U mnie VDGG - Still Life
Uneindeutig
Für immer: Neu